Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Boot loop on a HTC M9 (with 6.0), which was fine with systemless root in the past

My HTC M9 (with Android 6.0, HTC version number is 3.36.709.3) was working fine with Magisk(systemless framework)V3 + SuperSU v2.76 (mod by @topjohnwu) before last Friday. After a power shortage (running out of battery) of the device, the UI keep crashing and reboot. I can't do anything, therefore, I planned to backup and full-reset my device and start from beginning. But I found that I can't make any root work again. I had tried several combinations of flashable zip packages:
MagiskV3+SuperSUv2.76(mod, filename SuperSU-v2.76-magisk.zip )<=I use exact same package on my local storage, which was working in the past, therefore it can't be the issue of these archives
MagiskV3+SuperSUv2.76(mod, newer than file above, filename UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-magisk.zip)
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
SuperSU-v2.78-201609011115.zip

Once I flashed anyone of these zip combinations in TWRP (with no error message in screen) and reboot, the system will start boot looping, with no adb capability at all, therefore I don't know how to debug here.
(I believe that launch_daemonsu.sh had been ran since SuperSU.apk had been installed correctly and SuperSU.apk no longer in /data/ after reboot)
(And I've also tried to confirm patch status by extracting boot partition with sukernel and check if the boot partition is patched/fstab had been modified/scripts are added, they are)
But once I restore the boot.img from backup (no matter TWRP restore or fastboot flash boot), the system will boot correctly again.

I did restore TWRP backup between each test, and I even tried to restore RUU between each of test, no success.

Can anyone help to guide me how to debug in such situation?
Does it matter if my device is still S-ON?

Attached Files
File Type: log recovery_supersu.log - [Click for QR Code] (32.5 KB)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bUBd0l
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home