Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Non-booting Vibrant SGH-T959 with working download mode - how to recover?

Hi All, this is my first post here. I'm fairly new at this, having only recently flashed my Nexus 4 with CyanogenMod.

My brother gave me his old vibrant to setup for our mom, and it was working ok with the stock Android 2.1. I started to transfer some data out of it (old pictures, etc) and the thing crashed and got stuck on a bootloop. This is before I ever attempted anything flashing related.

I tried various procedures that I found here and elsewhere to flash the phone, using both Heimdall and Odin and ran into various issues with each. One of the problems that I had is that a lot of the downloads linked from articles (like ROMs and other files) are gone since it's been a few years since they were posted. I scrounged pretty hard for a few days and was able to get bits and pieces here and there, but no success yet. These were not the only issues either. I had problems with both Heimdall and Odin doing the actual flashing. Various errors with handshaking and flashing in both, from what I recall (this was actually a couple of weeks ago).

In fact, I ended up making things even a little worse. The phone used to show the large battery gauge screen when it was plugged in and powered off, but now I got it to where it just shows the phone---!---PC screen. However, I can still get it to download mode so I'm thinking that not all hope is lost!

Anyway, to make a long story short I hope that someone here could perhaps point me to a reliable article that would help me go from the current state to a working phone, or provide any other pointers or files that may help me resolve this.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any help you can provide. I would just hate to throw this phone away if there's any way it can be saved. It just feels wasteful, regardless of it being old and cheap.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cxp5gz
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home