Friday, September 9, 2016

Review - YCCTeam wireless Charging Pad

I recently received a test unit to sample from YCCTeam, to use with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. I had been using older Qi chargers before this, namely multiple Nokia DT-900 units arranged around my house, and a few other random Chinese branded chargers as well.







The phone connects reliably, every time it's placed on the charger, and works with the various cases that I use. To be honest, I've never come across any cases that DON'T work with Qi chargers, but I don't use bulky options like UAG or Otterbox. I haven't noticed any unusual heat from either the charger or my phone since I've started using it last week.

I tried a few phones with this charger, namely the S7, S7 Edge, the Nexus 5, and the Droid Turbo. Because of the three coil technology, the phone easily connects and starts charging, regardless of placement. This is my first three coil charger, and I have to admit it's nice to not have the phone disconnect overnight if my cat bumps the phone while it's charging on my nightstand. When the phone is placed on the charger, you get an awesome effect with the blue LEDs around the edge, and they have a slow "breathing" effect where the lights pulse on and off. It's nice to see that it's working, and on a desk or a table, this will be great. It's NOT subtle, so I wouldn't keep this in your bedroom, to be perfectly honest.





Now, to the down side, and this is a big down side for me: For some reason, when the phone is not on the charger, the LED lights stay on, rather than off. I can't get confirmation on if this is a defective unit or not, but needless to say, you don't want this next to you while you're trying to sleep. For this reason alone, I relegated this unit to my office where it's not a distraction.

http://ift.tt/2bey0pc


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cjxCXy
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home