Saturday, September 10, 2016

Cyanogenmod update fails with error 7

Hello everybody, I hope to find help here.

My phone is the HTC One A9, Europe Version ("hiaeuhl"). Recovery is TWRP 3.0.2-0.

The background story is that I already managed to install Cyanogenmod after downgrading the original ROM to Version 1.10 and unlocked the bootloader with the HTC Unlock tool. I also managed to decrypt the device.
I'd like to update my system regularly, but unfortunately the last running version is the cm-13.0-20160904-NIGHTLY-hiaeuhl.zip from September 4th.
If I try to install the latest versions of Cyanogenmod (for example from September 9th) I always get the error

hiae.veryfy.trustzone() failed to read current TZ version: -2
Updater process ended with ERROR 7

I already tried to remove the lines that check this in the file updater_script inside the ROM's zip, then I could install the update, but afterwards I was stuck in a boot loop.
The error has nothing to do with the encryption, it apears with and without device encryption, and it has nothing to do which system (original or custom) is installed before flashing. It is also indifferent if I try the update via the system's update function or directly in TWRP. It's the fact that the Cyanogenmod version from September 4th is the last working for me. I definetly chose the right one for hiaeuhl, but it seems the developers have added a feature that makey my device incompatible to this ROM.

If there is anything I can do to update my system again, please let me know.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cjSk6a
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home