Thursday, September 15, 2016

Upgrading from 4.4.2 with mdk

I know there threads that cover some of my questions, but I want to make sure I have everything squared away before I go down path.

I currently have a Verizon Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2. It is rooted with the MDK boot loader. I want to upgrade to 4.5 and use Magisk (mainly so my son can keep playing Pokemon). I am under the impression that to run Magisk I need a non rooted version of 4.5. Am I correct in this impression? Would a stock 4.5 that is Deodexed work with Magisk? Once I find one I can just flash with TWRP and then install magisk.

I have 3 main concerns
Don't want to lose the unlocked bootloader.
Don't want to have to wipe the phone.
Want to make sure I can still remove the OTA update app.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cudcdy
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home