Sunday, September 11, 2016

DEV Q: How to Toggle a Global Setting Programmatically (Bluetooth, Location, etc)?

My Question:
How can I turn *OFF* one of a user's Global Settings, (such as "Location" or "Bluetooth", or "WiFi", etc)..?

(Back in the earlier days of Android, there were plenty of "Quick Toggle Settings" Widgets out there)..
But these days, you can no longer adjust those settings so easily..

However, I came up with a couple of ideas/thoughts on possibly how to do it, and need some clarification!

( 1 ) - Would obtaining "Phone Administrator" privileges, (similar to the way Launchers like NOVA do to perform certain actions) work?
NOTE: I'm referring to the App's you might find in (Settings > Lock screen and security > Other security settings > Phone administrators).

OR..

( 2 ) - Would becoming a "Device Owner" (like in the "Device Owner" Android Code Sample in Android Studio) be of any help?

:(

I'm at a total loss for ideas at this point, and can't figure out how to do this..
Note that I am actually trying to turn OFF a setting, NOT on.. But I doubt that makes any difference..

If anybody could please provide me with some answers to my questions, I would greatly appreciate it!
Any information whatsoever would greatly help me!
Thanks! :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cnXMs7
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home