Thursday, September 8, 2016

"This package is for A0001, this device is bacon." Wiped internal storage, cant flash

Like an idiot, I accidentally wiped internal storage while trying to flash a new ROM, so all my data ( which I dont care about ) and my backup images got deleted. I still have access to TWRP so I thought it wasnt that bad and went ahead installing ROMS as I usually would.
I transferred the zip files from PC to the phone via adb push method and tried to flash

However, I an unable to install any ROM as it gives me an error every time. This is what the error message reads:

Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 file found
This package is for device: A0001; this device is bacon
E: Error executing updater binary in zip ' /sdcard/cm...(name of the rom here).zip '
Error flashing zip ' /sdcard/(nameofrom).zip '


I did quite a bit of research and read on one of the official OnePlus that all the ROMs are signed for the device A0001 but the device itself reads itself as bacon, which is its codename. Since "bacon" != "A0001" the zip installation fails.

Am I stuck with an expensive paperweight here? Please help.

TLDR: Wiped internal storage, No OS, flashing throws up error every time
:(


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2csxbZA
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home