Monday, September 19, 2016

Please help - burned USB port on MTCC

Hi,
I bought a USB camera for my head unit (MTCC-KLD6-V2.91) from AliExpress, connected it (using a USB port which gets the power from the car, while the data gets into the head unit), and got a picture :). After few seconds, it suddenly disappeared, so i did what i thought was wise - and tried the a different USB port (which gets the power directly from the head unit), but no still picture (i said - ohh well, cheap camera)

Trying to understand if that's a camera or a headunit issue, i tried to connect it to my PC, which happily was more sophisticated than the head unit, and notified me that the USB port is trying to consume too much power and got disconnected, well - that's a bummer! try to connect it again through a USB current meter - and it was shut down immediately - turns out the USB connector was defective, and when bent, was shortening the power lines.

I cut it out - replaced the connector, and got the camera to work (on my PC), but i wasn't so lucky with the head unit or the power adapter connected to the car, both aren't working anymore (the head unit works well - only the USB port isn't)

So I opened the head unit (hoping to see some burned fuse) - but no visible damage :(

Does anyone have an idea where/what to look for?

[ I'm not sure if the forum rules allows me to post link to the product i bought - but if anyone interested, message me and i'll be happy to share the link]

Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d6kqrq
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home