Friday, September 16, 2016

AT&T V410 Root Idea

Hey everyone,

I apologize in advance if this is breaking any forum rules or if it's a super noob question, but here goes.

I've got a stock AT&T V410 running Lollipop (had I known it would be such a hassle to root, I would've stayed on KitKat).

It's no longer under warranty so I'm thinking about rooting. Unfortunately, the only option that might work is KingRoot. Taking into consideration the possible "shadiness" of KingRoot, here is my idea:

1) Remove microSD and factory reset my V410. This is to have as little info on my V410 as possible before running KingRoot. If I can, I'll even skip adding my Google account.
2) Run KingRoot and see if the root is successful.
3) If successful, install Flashify and flash TWRP (which version should I flash?)
4) If not successful, do another factory reset and continue using my V410 like before.
5) After successfully flashing TWRP, I'll probably do another factory reset, if necessary, to have a clean OS without KingRoot.
6) With TWRP installed, I should be able to make a backup of my current V410 OS, right? I'd like to have this in case I try out CM and want to go back.

I think that's it. Assuming KingRoot can root my V410, does everything here seem viable? I know when I unlocked the bootloader on my OPO it basically did a factory reset anyway, but I want to be safe with KingRoot.

TL;DR

Will a factory reset remove KingRoot? Can I install TWRP and keep the original LG OS?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d3WEIA
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home