Friday, September 16, 2016

Cannot Disable Lock Screen, Can Unlock Phone Though

Recently, my fingerprint scanner died. (It never recognizes, and if I go to add a new fingerprint it spams me with the "Unable to recognize" dialog box), so i've been using "alternative password" for about 2 weeks.

I went to change my lock screen, since I wanted a nicer one(and wanted to use a pattern lock), and found Microsoft's Next lock screen.

I set it up, and went to disable my old lock screen, only run into a major issue. For *some* reason, my alternate password, which works perfect fine to unlock the lock screen, but in my settings, if I go to change the password, it says "Incorrect alternative password" when I type it in.

I have restarted my phone, made 110% sure I am typing in the *exact* same as when I unlock the phone, nothing works.

Any help? I really don't want to factory reset, I have so much stuff on this phone that I don't want to deal with re-downloading, re-getting my settings, re-rooting, etc. (especially since i'm getting a new phone in a few months anyway)

Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d0BFu5
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home