Monday, September 19, 2016

Galaxy S7 vs HTC 10

I've agonizing between whether to buy a Galaxy S7 or HTC 10 for my next device. I've canvased opinions on the HTC 10 thread and wouldn't mind a bit of advice from the Samsung S7 thread.

It's been a tough decision.

I like the HTC 10 for the following features: Near stock android operating system, DAC amplifier, Boom sound speakers, metal design = ruggedness (impressed by this drop test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS3NLCPK4NI ) and on a minor point it seems easier to root and install custom ROMs although never did that with my Nexus device so not sure if I'd risk it with a newer phone.

The S7 on the other hand has: an AMOLED display (better outside viewing), waterproof, better battery life, better performing camera, and in Canada an E8890 chip which seems to outperform S920 in a lot of tests.

Also like the idea of hooking it up to VR Gear and as far as I know the HTC 10 isn't compatible with any VR. Part of me also wonders how long HTC will be around for to support this phone given company performance.

Did any of you S7 owners consider getting an HTC 10 and what made you decide to go with the S7 in the end?

Appreciate any advice.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ckyufJ
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home