Monday, September 19, 2016

Purchasing advice requested for ATT Note 7

Hello everyone,

Would really appreciate advice on an imminent purchasing decision. I have a Note4 and a iPhone6s plus as my daily phones right now, so this is not about phone wars but a genuine question. In fact I have a brand new iPhone 7 plus 256GB sitting unopened at home and will probably be returned within 2 weeks.

I would like to use an android phone as my daily driver instead of the iPhone and I find the Note4 fingerprint reader too cumbersome compared to the iPhone. So am looking to upgrade. However, I am not able to decide if I should go for 1) An unlocked s7 edge 2) carrier s7 edge 3) carrier Note 7.

If I understand correctly, the unlocked S7 edge appears to the fastest version, and B&H has it for $670. However I believe accidental damage warranty is a big issue as there's some doubt about Squaretrade covering unlocked phones. Please correct me if I'm mistaken or if you've ever successfully filed a claim with them for unlocked phones.

The locked (ATT) s7 edge of course is more expensive and after tax I am looking at 794+80 = 869. However with the 256GB card promotion now ongoing that cost will be recouped and we're looking at the same price as unlocked.

I believe the Note 7 (ATT) was about 100 bucks more than the S7 so another 110 after taxes. Given that I've spent 900 another 100 bucks is not going to break the bank. Do you folks feel the Note 7 is a worthy upgrade over the S7 edge or am I moving backwards due to the Gorilla Glass 5 and Lag issues? Specifically do the US Note 7 users notice a much bigger lag than US S7 edge users? I use the Note 4 Stylus maybe once a month, so while it feels good on paper, I know I will hardly ever use it. Future proofing is nice, so I'd consider taking a Note if it's at least as good as the S7 edge. Thanks for the advice..


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cyzAR8
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home