Friday, September 9, 2016

Soft-bricked G00V (Failed rooting attempt)

Heya, so after a failed attempt to root my Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon (G00V) I soft-bricked it. I have been following a lot of guides on the internet but, so far they haven't worked (I don't know if I didn't have the right software or if I wasn't doing it correctly). I still have access to recovery mode and my PC can detect it. I already have Odin and Samsung USB drivers. If I try to install the stock ROM on Odin I get this:
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Next I tried installing the software over SD card from recovery mode, but got this:

Supported API: 3

#MANUAL MODE#
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : VZW
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

-- Install /sdcard/G900VVRU1BOA8_G900VVZW1BOA8_G900VVRU1BOA8_HOME.tar .md5
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:failed to map file
Installation aborted.

Please help!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c3UgCy
via IFTTT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home